I am very lucky to be able to say I have travelled alone and also with my boyfriend, and although I can’t tell you what you’d prefer, I’m going to give my ‘Pros and Cons’ list of each option.
I thought I would share tips and what I have learnt from each experience in separate blog posts, so make sure you check back if you wanna know more!
| TRAVELLING ALONE |
- You force yourself to meet more people. You’re more likely to step out of comfort zone which means you can meet more locals, or more people travelling like you!
- Get the freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want
- Gaining independence and a whole lotta confidence
- Less likely to do something if you’re on your own
- Less photos of yourself having a lotsa fun
- More expensive, you cant half the price of a hotel room
- Can get lonely and homesick
- More dangerous
- Might not feel as comfortable around new people
| TRAVELLING WITH SOMEONE |
- Always have company
- Plenty of photo ops!
- Less self-conscious when you’re with someone
- Less expensive
- Always someone to cheer you up if you’re homesick or down
- Less likely to go out your way to meet others
- Might get annoyed with each other being with each other 24/7
- Having to compromise and do things you might not wanna do
- Arguments (boo!)
Personally I think travelling with someone is the best – much more fun and after, although I do really recommend travelling somewhere on your own, as I gained so much confidence from it!
Have you have the opportunity to do both – which did you prefer? Or would you consider doing both?